Monday, June 24, 2013

I could do this everyday!

I had the opportunity to be part of the Digital Integration Team for Horry County Schools this past week.



I got together with other educators, K-12, and collaborated with them to design and construct iTunes U courses. It was one of the most enriching professional development experiences I have ever been a part of. I hate to even call it a professional development. When I think of professional development I think of the meetings and sessions that you attend only because you have to or it seems like the least boring one on the list. This week I was really able to extend my PLN. What's so hard to believe is that these new found friends have been hiding here, in my district, the entire time. Not only did I gather with a group of people that were interested in everything I am, but it took place during a time when I could really enjoy myself and focus on just this project.



This has me thinking... If they have been in my district all this time, why haven't I connected with them before?...  Are there more out there?... Its like I am hunting Big Foot!
I have recently begun the infamous "tweeting" (that's it's own post!), but how do you hook up with local educators in your district?

No comments:

Post a Comment